The Madden Law Group PLLC is a litigation firm consisting of seasoned attorneys who have practiced law in Washington, D.C. for many years.
General Litigation Practice
- Federal Appeals—Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS), United States Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia, Federal, Fourth (Richmond) & Sixth (Cincinnati) Circuits
- State Appeals—Appeals in Maryland and Virginia
- Federal Trials—Federal district courts in the District of Columbia, Maryland & Virginia
- State Trials—Maryland and Virginia
Specialized Areas of the Law
- Administrative law—Trials and appeals against the Federal Government for declaratory or injunctive relief challenging its final decisions or regulations as arbitrary, capricious, an abuse of discretion, contrary to law, or unconstitutional. Access to government information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and agency Touhy regulations. Claims under federal consumer protection statutes.
- Government Litigation—Suits against the United States or one of its federal agencies seeking damages for negligence, breach of contract, or constitutional violations under Bivens.
- Financial-Institution Regulation—Regulation of banks and other financial companies by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve (FED), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC).
- Bank Receivership—Matters related to unsafe or unsound banks and financial companies placed into FDIC receivership under the FDI Act and the Dodd Frank Act.
- Commercial Litigation—Business torts (negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud), breach-of-contract actions, and more.
- Professional Malpractice—Lawyers, accountants, and appraisers.